GOMPA, Nimba â€“ President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf has appointed Nimbaâ€™s assistant superintendent for development, D. Dorr Cooper, as the new superintendent of the county, replacing Fong Zuagele.
Cooperâ€™s nomination came yesterday when the president made new appointments in her government.
The announcement comes in the wake of disagreement with the Nimba County Legislative Caucus over how the countyâ€™s development budget of US$ 1.9 million was spent last year.
Sen. Prince Johnson, the chair of the caucus, had threatened that he would not convene the annual county council sitting until Zuagele was removed as superintendent for Nimba. The annual meeting brings county leaders together to decide on expenditures for the upcoming year.
According to the Executive Mansionâ€™s release, there were nine other appointments made affecting Nimba, including:
- David L Jacob – Statutory District Superintendent, Yarwin Mehnsonoh Statutory District
- Abednego Pikawo – Development Superintendent, Yarwin Mehnsonoh Statutory District
- Josephus Mehnweeleh – Commissioner, Mehnsonoh Admin. District,Â Yarwin Mehnsonoh Statutory District
- Sam Freeman – Commissioner, Zahnlah Admin. District Yarwin Mehnsonoh Statutory District
- Kumgbe McGill – Commissioner, Blinlon Admin. District, Yarwin Mehnsonoh Statutory District
- Moses Gbakun – District Inspector, Yarwin Mehnsonoh Statutory District
- Levi Bainboe – Land Commissioner, Mehnsonoh Admin Dist.
- Joseph Yarbah – Land Commissioner Zahnla Admin District
- Little Belleh – Land Commissioner, Blinlon Admin District
Featured photo by Arrington Ballah