SANNIQUELLIE, Nimba County â€“ The Nimba Community Radio Association (NICORA) has inducted new officials for the next three years.
Those officials inducted were:
- Kennedy S. Domah – President
- Kpayilee Johnson – Vice President for Administration
- Robert Y. Matadi – Vice President for Operations
- Jerry T. Myers – General Secretary
- Robert Dayeleah – Assistant Secretary General
- Mark Samah – Financial Secretary
- Jeremiah Wontoe – Assistant Financial Secretary
- Francis Wontoe – Chaplain
The ceremony was held on Saturday, January 31, 2015 in the auditorium of the Nimba County Community College in Sanniquellie. Marking part of the occasion were representatives from community radio stations across the county, officials from Nimba County administration, and members of the countyâ€™s legislative caucus. Representatives from the Business Association of Nimba County and youth groups were also present.
The election leading to the induction ceremony was held on Dec. 6, 2014. All officials are required to have at least practiced with one of Nimbaâ€™s community radio stations for a minimum of three years. Additionally, those seeking the posts of president and vice presidents are required to have already held a strategic position at their local radio station.
NICORA was established in 2010 and recently registered on November 8, 2014. The organizationâ€™s goal is to promote unity amongst community radio stations within the county. The association will also lobby with both local and international partners for the development of community radio stations in the county.